Become the Best Part of PMP Management!
PMP is seeking a motivated, detailed, communicative and personable professional to join our team as the Administrative Coordinator, Valencia.
Who We Are
Property Management Professionals LLC. (PMP) is an industry leading Association management firm providing extraordinary services to common interest developments throughout Southern California. With local division offices in Santa Clarita, Los Angeles, Thousand Oaks, Irvine and Austin, PMP delivers a level of service only a local management partner can, with the depth and breadth of support and training only seen at much larger management firms.
PMP is one of the fastest growing management firms in Southern California, which provides our team members’ a unique opportunity to evolve and grow their careers. Our extraordinary team has been the driver of PMP’s growth since inception. By delivering on our promise of extraordinary service to each of our valuable clients, PMP’s reputation as an industry leader has contributed to our growth and attracted some of the most talented professionals in the industry.
PMP’s unique company culture is one of our firm’s most prized attributes. We pride ourselves on a positive, supportive, and rewarding company culture. From the moment you visit one of our division offices or meet a member of our team, you will begin to see and feel what makes PMP’s team so unique.
Who We’re Looking For
PMP is looking for energetic, passionate, personable, and detail-oriented professionals to join our growing team. The right candidate will embrace change, celebrate innovation, and have an unwavering passion for providing extraordinary customer service to our valuable clients.
Position Description: The Administrative Coordinator is primarily responsible for maintaining all access devices and programs, manage moves, and assist all (& related) communications from various sources including homeowners, tenants, property managers and local vendors servicing our communities. The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for multiple inquiries including (but not limited to) Moves, Gates and Clubhouses inquiries and billing and other HOA/property management related tasks.
· Clubhouses: Book, track applications, collect funds, distribute keys, coordinate janitorial and/or
security and refund deposits
· Moves: Book, track applications, collect funds, coordinate with security and refund deposits
· Billing: log all moves, clubhouses and welcome packages for monthly billing
· Maintain all access devices, program and distribute
· Run access device reports for Community Managers as requested
· Manage and maintain all directories including processing changes, additions and set-up new communities
· Create developer welcome packages as requested
· Process escrow ownership changes for directories and access devices
· Manage entry systems and troubleshoot login issues for homeowners on Gatekey
· Process all board member reimbursements
· Maintain website guest lists
· Assist all clients (homeowners, vendors, board members & fellow employees) in a professional
and friendly manner
· Access device inventory and organization
· Overall office management and organization
· Special projects & tasks as assigned
· High School Diploma or GED required
· Previous call center or customer service experience required - this is the primary focus of our organization
· Ability to perform under deadlines and pressure
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Motivated and self-starter
· Ability to build rapport with clients.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Windows