- Perform the daily activities of the accounting department and ensuring that all major projects, month-end, and year-end reports are completed accurately and on time.
- General business accounting A/P, A/R, and process payroll in house.
- Monthly/Quarterly tax payments (multi-state)
- Prepare and process AIA pay applications for clients from pencil draft through final submission.
- Process subcontractor preliminary notices, payment releases and joint checks.
- Bank and credit card statement reconciliations.
- Payroll and income tax reporting.
- Analyzing financial data and creating reports for management weekly, monthly & annually
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial records and participate in audits or reconciliations
- Ability to manage and keep order across multiple companies, subsidiaries move capital up and down as required for day to day operations (at the request of CFO)
- Expense tracking across multiple classes, multiple job codes
- Vendor compliance (insurances, W-9, Contracts, licensing kept up to date)
- Evaluating, developing, and improving department controls, systems, and procedures increasing accuracy and efficiency.
- Assisting other departments as they develop strategies, establish objectives, and make decisions which could have a financial impact on the business.
- General office organization and administrative duties.
- Answering calls, Provide great customer service.
- Previous commercial general construction accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred.
- Experience in Management and Accounting preferred.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of accounting, finance, and management principles.
- Proficiency with computers, especially bookkeeping software, and MS Office.
- High level of efficiency and accuracy.
- Team player with the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others and work well independently.
- Positive and cooperative attitude.
- Handle confidential information discreetly and professionally.
- Willingness to comply with all local, state, federal, and company regulations.
- Detail-oriented and analytical with the ability to identify potential issues and concerns in advance.
- Capable of problem-solving and multitasking.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $27.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- QuickBooks: 4 years (Preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 5 years (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible