We are seeking detail-oriented individual to handle cable assembly. Previous cable assembly experience is required. Current soldering and crimping knowledge are required along with excellent communication skills, basic computer skills and a positive attitude.
As a Cable Assembler, you will perform a wide variety of complex electronic and mechanical assembly tasks in support of production projects by using manual and power tools. Working from print specifications and standard processes you will construct complete modules and sub-assemblies. Must be able to display knowledge and understanding of proper usage of the hand and power tools most commonly utilized. You will be connecting and assembling cables, tubes, and wiring, etc. according to specifications. Must display the ability to measure parts and determine tolerances. You will be expected to inspect, test, and calibrate completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements. Must possess the ability and knowledge to disassemble faulty assemblies and replace parts.
• Assemble cable units and sub-assemblies according to print specifications.
• Point-to-point wiring, crimping/stripping wires as part of the electrical/mechanical assembly of cables
• Inspect, test, and adjust completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
• Measure parts to determine tolerances, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers and calipers.
• Position, align, and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly.
• Assemble parts or units, and position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, sub-assemblies, or frames, using hand tools and power tools.
• Solder PCB (printed circuit board) components.
• Must be able to read schematics and have experience with electrical assembly or schooling in the electrical field, assembly field or similar.