PMP is seeking a motivated, detailed, communicative and personable professional to join our team as the Director of Accounting.
Who We Are
Property Management Professionals LLC. (PMP) is an industry leading Association management firm providing extraordinary services to common interest developments throughout Southern California. With local division offices in Santa Clarita, Los Angeles, Thousand Oaks, Irvine and Austin, PMP delivers a level of service only a local management partner can, with the depth and breadth of support and training only seen at much larger management firms.
PMP is one of the fastest growing management firms in Southern California, which provides our team members’ a unique opportunity to evolve and grow their careers. Our extraordinary team has been the driver of PMP’s growth since inception. By delivering on our promise of extraordinary service to each of our valuable clients, PMP’s reputation as an industry leader has contributed to our growth and attracted some of the most talented professionals in the industry.
PMP’s unique company culture is one of our firm’s most prized attributes. We pride ourselves on a positive, supportive, and rewarding company culture. From the moment you visit one of our division offices or meet a member of our team, you will begin to see and feel what makes PMP’s team so unique.
Who We’re Looking For
PMP is looking for energetic, passionate, personable, and detail-oriented professionals to join our growing team. The right candidate will embrace change, celebrate innovation, and have an unwavering passion for providing extraordinary customer service to our valuable clients.
◊ Position Description: Director of Accounting, Valencia
Establishes financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information; managing staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversee all significant accounting and tax activities including close process, financial reporting, AP/AR and other key accounting areas
• Plan timely, accurate monthly and annual close processes
• Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures
• Prepares documentation and distribute monthly financial reports for clients
• Prepares budgets by establishing timelines; collecting, analyzing and consolidating financial data; and reviewing with leadership
• Provide training and scheduling for all accounting team members
• Oversee day to day operations of the department
• Work closely with Vice President of Operations to implement new processes and procedures and identify areas of operational efficiency to improve deadlines
• Review and discipline employees as needed
• Create SOP’s for all accounting tasks
• Ensure that team members meet expectations
• Work closely with the Property Management team to train staff accordingly
• Work with property managing software to resolve issues
• Perform monthly Job Streaming tasks
• Provide daily support for the team
• Perform one on one training with team members
• Provide vacation, sick coverage for other team members
• Work closely with financial institutions on new programs and platforms
• Respond to all e-mails within 24 hours
• Manage and maintain filing systems
• Special projects & tasks as assigned