This is a part time role withe possibility for full-time work in our Administrative Department, reporting to our Managing Director. For this role, you’ll need to live in or near Valencia, CA and be willing to work in our co-working space in Valencia 3-5 days per week. You will have the ability to work from home 1-2 days per week. Typical hours for this role are 8:30 AM - 5:.30 PM, Monday-Friday; on occasion there is a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends during a launch, case deadline, or other events throughout the year.
The mission of the Executive Assistant is to stay five steps ahead of their leader, tracking all of the administrative details, and clearing the path for him to make his greatest contribution to our business. The Executive Assistant will be a key asset to the Managing Director by anticipating needs at an exceptionally high level, allowing him to develop vision and strategy for all aspects of finance and management at Miod and Company so that we can reach our revenue and profitability goals.
While repetitive tasks are certainly part of this position, the tasks assigned can vary from week to week based on the Managing Director’s needs and the needs of business. The most important responsibility of the Executive Assistant is to ensure that administrative tasks and projects are completed with a high level of efficiency, confidentiality, accuracy, flexibility, and positivity in order to support the initiatives of the Managing Director.
The Executive Assistant will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Meeting management including preparing agendas, printing financial reports, taking notes, distributing action items, and arranging catering
- Communicating on the Managing Director’s behalf both internally and externally
- Email management on behalf of the CFO and within the accounting inbox using the Monday.com app to assign emails to team members as needed
- Running errands and attending in person meetings multiple times per week
- Checking the mail box several times per week and processing mail to various departments
- Complex calendar management and scheduling (both personally and professionally) on behalf of the Managing Director and Administration Team
- Varying personal and professional administrative tasks including, but not limited to, booking appointments, research projects, coordinating travel, and ordering gifts/flowers, etc.
- Light project management and accounts payable duties
- Weekly expense reporting on behalf of the Managing Director and Administration Team
Financial Knowledge: The Managing Director's EA will have a high attention to detail and accuracy, using their existing experience dealing with financial information, their experience supporting Financial Executives, and their ground level understanding of accounting terminology to provide informed administrative support.
Quality Communication: The EA must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation. This also includes being able to take a large amount of information and summarize it quickly both in writing and orally on a regular basis. You must also be able to track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing any details. Those channels could include in-person meetings, virtual video calls, MS Teams messages, text messages and/or emails.
High Level of Discretion: Since our EA will regularly work with confidential information,
discretion and sensitivity regarding financial information is a must.
Team Player: In addition to working directly with the Managing Director, the EA will also work with members of the Finance and Administrative Team and several other high-level EA’s from other departments. They’ll need to be able to collaborate and communicate well with these team members, maintaining a can-do spirit and not complaining, making excuses, or gossiping.
Anticipating Needs: As a part of our commitment to enabling our Managing Director to serve our company and customers at the top of his game, our EA will strive to anticipate needs and eliminate friction at work and home whenever possible. This means you know how to stay five steps ahead of your leader, clearing the path for him to make his greatest contribution.
Affinity for Technology: Our executive assistant will be a technologically savvy Mac, iOS, and Windows user and will not be intimidated by learning new technology. Proficiency in the following tech platforms is ideal: Microsoft Office Suite, MS Teams, Monday.com, Zoom, and Google Suite.