Financial Aid Administrative Assistant - TEMPORARY
California Institute of the Arts
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
The Financial Aid Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact for the Financial Aid Office, and is responsible for administrative and operational support for the Financial Aid Office. This position requires excellent communication and customer service skills, technical proficiency in the use of MS Office applications and the Google suite of applications, and strong attention to detail. This is a temporary assignment that begins when the position is filled and will end before/on May 17, 2019.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (including but not limited to)
• Provide a welcoming environment to the Financial Aid office for visitors, faculty and staff.
• Maintain the Financial Aid office email account, including correspondence with students, parents, prospective students and their families, and other CalArts departments.
• Manage the main phone lines and voice mail in the office.
• Data entry of financial aid documents.
• General administrative office support including filing, ordering supplies, scheduling appointments, and clerical duties.
• Maintain confidentiality of financial aid records and information.
• Assist with office projects and workflow; other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and see projects through to a timely completion.
• Ability to interact effectively with varied internal and external constituencies demonstrating tact, diplomacy, discretion and good judgment.
• Ability to work responsibly, independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to learn, adapt to, and use new computer systems and technology.
• High attention to detail and ability to perform complex, sequenced tasks.
• High school diploma or equivalent experience required. Associates or bachelor’s degree desired.
• 1 year experience general office experience.
• Proficiency with MS Office suite including Word and Excel, Google suite including Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Docs.
• Financial aid office experience preferred.
• Data entry experience required.
Position is available immediately. If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line: Financial Aid Administrative Assistant in order to be considered.