Financial Analyst/Budget Specialist
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
Responsible for the accounting functions and budget control for reporting purposes as they relate to the School of Theater accounts and projects.
Essential job functions:
• Prepare code and process invoices, check requests, purchase orders, new vendor data forms and credit card purchases.
• Maintain a complete and systemic set of records of all financial transactions for the School of Theater.
• Balance all accounts from monthly ledgers provided by the Accounting Office.
• Monitor and oversee budget expenditures for all projects and projects in the school.
• Hire student labor as directed, and maintain student payroll records with the Payroll Office and the Financial Aid Office, including Work-Study students, Teaching Assistants, and other student hires.
• Provide the Dean and the Office of the Dean with monthly account summaries, as requested.
• Assist the Dean in the analysis and preparation of the budget.
• Provide the necessary coaching and support to assist staff and faculty in using budgeting and financial systems.
• Maintain a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with student, staff, and faculty and the CalArts community at large with efficiency and professionalism.
• Other duties as assigned or directed.
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Detail orientated
• Must possess keen analytical and mathematical skills
• Computer skills with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and other booking software
• Multi-task and handle interruptions in a fast-paced environment
• Maintain confidential information
• Create and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff and students using tact and diplomacy
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google and Adobe applications.
• Critical thinking skills required.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis is accounting or equivalent years of professional experience desired.
• Three to five years of bookkeeping/accounting experience
• Experience in a higher education or arts setting preferred
Position is available immediately. If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line: Financial Analyst/Budget Specialist in order to be considered.