Under the direction of the Superintendent of Schools, plan, organize, direct and provide professional legal services and counsel to the District in a wide variety of legal matters such as labor and employment, student rights, litigation, liability, Special Education, due process, and public records requests; serve as the primary legal advisor and represent the District before a variety of administrative and legislative bodies; perform related duties as assigned.
SALARY RANGE: CM-430
Step 1: $16,759.22/ Step 2: $17,429.59/ Step 3: $18,126.77/ Step 4: $18,851.84/ Step 5: $19,605.92
- Graduation from an accredited law school
- Active membership in the California State Bar Association
- Ten (10) years of experience practicing law, including experience providing legal counsel to school districts, educational institutions, or similar public agencies
- Experience working with K-12 school districts in California is preferred.
- Experience involving the supervision of professional and administrative support staff is preferred.
- Must be duly and appropriately licensed to practice law in the State of California.
- Active membership and good standing in the State Bar of California throughout employment in this classification.
- Positions in this class require the use of personal automobile and possession of a valid California class C Driver's license.
Apply online at: https://4.files.edl.io/4e85/05/09/23/191200-a06199d1-f90f-41dc-9fdf-9d3fd1450983.pdf