• Excellent communication skills both oral and written
• Ability to climb ladders; work on scaffolding
• Ability to work at various heights and in confined spaces
• Ability to lift up to 70 pounds
• Ability to move heavy items and to push carts either manually or using special equipment
• Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
• Willing and able to be test fit for respirator apparatus
• Upon offer of employment, must submit to a background check, and take and pass a physical examination
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google and Adobe applications
• Ability to repair, adjust, maintain, retrofit and troubleshoot the following equipment:
Refrigerant Controls (metering devices), Electronic Controls, Pneumatic Controls, Commercial Refrigeration, Ice Machines, Duct Installation. Hermetic and Semi-Hermetic Compressors, Heat Pumps to 10-tons, Split Systems to 10-tons, Packaged Units to 50-ton. All types and sizes of Ductless Splits, Electric Motors (1-phase and 3-phase), Electric Motor Controls (contactors, starters, relays, disconnects, thermostats, etc.), Light Commercial Furnaces. Boilers, Burners and related controls (oil and gas), Water Pumps, Intake and Exhaust Fans, Economizers, Humidifiers, Capacity Controls (Unloader, Hot Gas Bypass Valves, Fan Cycling Controls, Motor Masters), Flame Safeguard Controls, Air Compressors, Air Driers. Reciprocating Chillers, VAV’s Systems Controls and Terminal Boxes. Variable Frequency Drives, Various types and sizes of Cooling Towers, Various types and sizes of Boilers, Various types and sizes of Computer Room Systems. Soldering and Brazing. Combustion Analysis, Heat Load Calculations, Heat Loss Calculations, Cooling Load Calculations. Basic navigation thru multiple Building Automation Controls Systems.
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent
• Type 1,2 or universal EPA-CFC certification
• Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common in the HVAC trade
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction
• Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective safety operations
• Valid California driver license. Employment is subject to driving record meeting the standards of the CalArts insurance carrier.
• Minimum 5 years on the job experience in HVAC/Refrigeration maintenance and repair
Position is available immediately. If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line: HVAC Technician in order to be considered.