Shield HealthCare is looking for an IT Security Engineer for our Valencia, CA corporate office. The primary functions of this position are overseeing and managing the overall network security for the organization. The IT Security Manager ensures that the risk to the organization’s electronic information posed by many cyber threats (cyberattacks; theft or corruption of data from within; etc.) is minimized.
- Monitor the organization’s networks for security breaches and investigate violations when they occur
- Design, implement and maintain the organizations cyber security plan including performing regular penetration testing
- Ensure regular release and emergency security patch management enterprise wide
- Develop and direct implementation of security standards and best practices for the organization
- Direct the installation, management and use of security tools (e.g. firewalls, data encryption, desktop security, server advanced security, anti-malware, ransomware and DNS filtering) Monitor and manage tools and reporting daily.
- Research the latest information technology security trends and recommend security enhancements to the IT Management
- Assist computer technicians and end users when they must install or learn about new security products and/or procedures
- Act as a subject matter expert on all aspects of electronic information security
- Ensure that IT security audits are conducted on a regular schedule or as needed
- Incident Response coordination and documentation lead.Oversee communications to the IT Management and external business as it may relate to any security related incident
- Prepare and document postmortem reviews of any issues or incidents, submit best practices recommendations for resolution
- Min 5 years of IT systems security experience
- Current Certification in Information Security (Security +, CISSP, CSSLP, CCFP, CISM etc.)
- Advanced experience with Windows Server, 2012, 2016, 2019 in a virtualized and high availability clustered environment.
- Advanced experience with firewalls, data encryption, desktop and server security techniques
- Familiarity with compliance protocols associated with the health insurance portability and accountability act (HIPPA), PCI compliance and security standards and acceptance and secure management of Personal Health Information (PHI)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science preferred
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Salary of $115-125K annually
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Sick and Vacation Days
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Education Assistance
Since 1957, Shield Healthcare has provided high-quality healthcare services while focusing on customer satisfaction and employee achievement. We are dedicated to fulfilling the medical supply needs of consumers and the caregiving community while maintaining a 99% overall customer satisfaction rating.