required (Nutraceutical preferred). In need of personnel that know how to
maintain and fix label machines, capsule machines, powder fillers, counters,
ink machines, etc
This position is primarily responsible for repairing and general maintenance work of facilities, buildings, grounds, and manufacturing equipment, setting up production lines including electrical, welding, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and painting tasks by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performing repair or general Maintenance work of packaging equipment, facilities buildings, grounds and equipment. Repairing and treating structures such as mixers, grinders scales, ink jet coaters, floors, sinks, walls, carpets and roofs, and other production equipment
· Respond immediately to emergency repairs needed to keep production running or address safety issues that may arise.
· Keeping up with maintenance program while performing recommended maintenance on all equipment. .
· Servicing appliances, emergency equipment, reporting mechanical malfunctions to party for action.
· Reported directly to Director of Maintenance to develop strategies and plans to complete projects within strict deadlines
· Must be available for weekends when necessary (Saturdays only)
Must be punctual and timely in all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks; where applicable.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
§ Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
§ Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
§ Internal and External Working Relationships – Develops and maintains courteous and effective working relationships with clients, vendors, coworkers and/or any other representatives of external organizations.
§ Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
§ Business Necessity – The needs of the employer may be dependent on responding to and anticipating rapidly changing external and internal demands in all aspects of how business is conducted. This may include, but is not limited to, organization structure, finances, goals, personnel, work processes, technology, and customer demands. Therefore, it may become necessary to make modifications to how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with minimal or no advance notice to employees. Accordingly the employee must be capable of adapting, with minimal or no advance notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance.
§ Safety and Security –All employees are responsible for observing safety and security procedures as applicable and reporting potentially unsafe conditions to management.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
· Forklift Certified. If you do not have one, we can accommodate by training accordingly
OTHER SKILL, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to use efficiently various hand and power tools
- Must understand the functions and aide in fixing and or setting up production line equipment which mainly includes labelers, Ink Jet Coders, Fillers, Conveyors, Packet Machines, Stick Pack Machines, Encapsulation Machines, Mixers and others processing equipment. All of these items are imperative and will be 90% of the job duties
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to hot, cold, wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock.