Valencia, CA 91355
Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The Office Assistant is responsible for answering incoming calls, emails, and mailed inquiries; directing inquiries to appropriate staff; mail distribution; flow of correspondence; greeting in-person visitors; as well as additional clerical duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Greet in-person visitors and assist them in attending on-campus information sessions, tours, and appointments with Admissions Counselors as applicable.
• Manage and maintain information session events: handouts, facility work orders, room reservations
• Respond to a large volume of email, mail, telephone, and in-person inquiries with a high level of customer service. Assign tasks to student workers during shifts.
• Review applicant information for entry errors and discrepancies. Update applicant data throughout Admissions cycle.
• Data entry of inquiry cards, portfolio review forms, and other information into Admissions database.
• Handle incoming mail, outgoing mail, and shipping packages for recruitment events
• Perform variety of routine clerical duties; other assignments as needed.
• Outstanding customer service skills; in person, by telephone, and email.
• Excellent communication skills; in person, by telephone and email.
• Proficiency using word processing, database, and email software; Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Suite are preferred.
• Knowledge of general office procedures.
• Accurate typing (minimum 45 wpm).
• Excellent organizational skills.
• High school diploma required.
• At least two years office experience, preferably in an academic environment.