LA Police Gear is one of the leading retailers in the tactical, hunting, camping and outdoor gear industry.
As an associate your job would be to provide the exceptional customer service that LA Police Gear has been known for. You will be contributing to the overall processes of the store including but not limited to customer service, merchandising, receiving, and cashiering.
1. Welcome all customers that come to the store and create a pleasant shopping atmosphere.
2. Assist customers with product questions, check inventory levels at alternate LAPG locations, advise customers on the right products to suit their needs, etc.
3. Diffuse any customer complaints and provide exceptional customer service to ensure repeat business.
4. Ring up transactions for the customers.
5. Receive merchandise into the store’s inventory.
6. Merchandise and restock any items that need to be replenished or reset.
7. Meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
8. Cross sell merchandise to complete the sale.
9. Fold merchandise and keep displays neat and orderly.
10. Regularly check fitting rooms for go-backs.
11. Contribute to the cleanliness of the store by performing such tasks as dusting, vacuuming, cleaning, mopping, sweeping, emptying trash, etc.
12. Process merchandise returns.
13. Test and/or wear products in order to promote current sales or newly released merchandise.
14. Work with an awareness of activity in the store to engage in loss prevention and minimize shrink.
15. Other tasks otherwise not specified.
1. A passion for customer service.
2. Ability to handle difficult situations effectively and patiently.
3. Excellent attendance.
4. Knowledge of merchandising.
5. Sales orientation.
6. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
7. Ability to multitask.
8. Excellent time management.
9. Friendly, good natured and patient demeanor.
10. Flexible work schedule.
11. Cash handling experience.
12. Strong math skills.
13. Must be 18 years or older.
Physical Job Requirements:
1. Standing on a constant basis.
2. Walking, bending, kneeling, squatting, and stooping on a regular basis.
3. Regularly pull and lift objects up to 30 lbs.
4. Handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
5. Ability to use cleaning equipment, ladders, rolling racks and other supplies.
6. Ability to use all store equipment including scanners, cash registers, computers, copiers, etc.
7. Ability to view screens, tags, merchandise and payment methods.
8. Occasionally ascend or descend ladders, stairs and ramps.
1. Discounts on most products.
2. Eligible to enroll in a 401k.
3. Paid sick leave.
4. Schedule would consist of part time shifts Monday through Sunday and may include nights, weekends and holidays.
Must be 18 years or older to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Employment is contingent upon the desired outcome of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug test.