Position Summary: Ensure that the objective of scheduled production is met. Provide maintenance repairs to industrial machinery as needed to keep a continuous manufacturing process supported. Set up Line. Meet and exceed Quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have a clear understanding of the current and upcoming production schedule
- Be familiar with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) related to production.
- Be familiar with health & safety guidelines.
- Maintain quality objectives based on UC standards and procedures.
- Ensure Quality standards are met for assigned production line, including line clearance.
- Ensure that components and products are staged by the material coordinator for the next product run
- Ensure proper Product Standards, such as label placement, visual fill, Etc. are available to line operators.
- Ensure all documentation related to your production is complete, accurate and turned in on-time.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Identify and immediately report quality, performance and safety concerns.
- Document production and labor. To be fully familiar with daily production schedules and line performance goals.
- Build and assemble machines or mechanical components according to fill line requirements.
- Inspect machines and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues.
- Conduct Preventative maintenance (PM) aiming for maximum reliability.
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Repair or maintain the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment.
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery or equipment.
- Disassemble machinery or equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine users and Production Manager
- Undertake other duties as assigned (e. g. Facility Maintenance, Painting Vehicles etc.)
- Keep logs of work and report on issues
- Verify that your Operators have equipment ready to run on schedule to reduce downtime.
- Preventing production line downtime by making sure that:
- Label changes are done immediately when needed.
- Inform the Production Manager immediately to any issues that might delay or prevent achieving the daily scheduled goal.
- Document losses of equipment.
- Additional tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- Participate in Bi-Weekly production meeting.
Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
Read, analyze and interpret business, professional, technical or governmental documents. Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and the public.
Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.