Stratasys Direct Manufacturing (SDM) is hiring a focused, highly motivated, and talented Project Engineer with project management and customer experience. If you are an engineering graduate (or have a related degree) with project management experience and a passion for customer education and new technologies, this is the job for you!
Want a peek at what you’ll be doing? Do you like working with customers? You will play an integral role on a customer facing team that quotes and manages all prototype and production work for Stratasys Direct Manufacturing. The SDM project engineering team develops and educates customers on the wide range of technologies we offer, and provide a premier customer experience for the success of each project. You will have opportunities to contribute to our overall revenue, and will have exposure to a wide array of technologies including 3D printing, additive manufacturing, and traditional manufacturing technologies.
We are looking for an “outstanding” Project Engineer to oversee customized job portfolios for customers in fascinating industries including consumer, medical, aerospace, energy, transportation and defense.
· Will receive request for quotes (RFQ’s) from customers and prospects, generate quotations based on identifying and addressing all risks associated with the customers’ requirements, and flow information to Production for fulfillment of the orders
· Will establish fit between customer requirements/expectations and SDM production capabilities and make recommendations for the customer product development and manufacturing methods
· Thoroughly review geometry and requirements to identify risks or challenges prior to acceptance of order
· Determine the customers’ wants and needs for quality, functionality, aesthetics, price and delivery
· Provides technical requirements and definition for all projects; communicate with Operations to ensure successful execution; conduct Risk Management meetings
· Participates in conference calls/meetings with customers to convey or discover technical requirements
· Participate in internal conference calls to strategize large opportunities with operations, sales and management
· Provide oversight to job portfolios from initial inquiry, create recovery plans as needed until the customer receives the product