If you are passionate about providing world-class customer service and would like to grow your career with an industry-leading company, we may have just the position for you!
Shield Healthcare is currently seeking an enthusiastic, career-minded Purchasing Manager at our Corporate Headquarters located in Valencia, California. You’ll work in an environment that is dynamic, rewarding and fun, with coworkers who are truly passionate about what they do. Our employees don’t just stay here, they thrive.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for the daily purchasing activities and executing purchasing strategies for multiple distribution centers. The successful candidate will be able to perform cost effective procurement, production planning and quality control of our products.
- Medical, Dental and Vision (Eligible first day of employment)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Vacation, Personal, and Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance
- Employee Discounts
Key Job Responsibilities include:
- Perform supply chain and logistics functions such as product procurement, production planning, inventory control, outsourcing and vendor selection
- Evaluate inventory levels to be maintained for all distribution centers
- Propose solutions to improve inventory turns on purchased goods.
- Manage inventory to minimize backorders and maintain company cash flow
- Collaborate with distribution and sales to develop metrics for gauging inventory levels
- Negotiate with vendors on pricing and delivery
- Adherence to operating budget with full P&L accountability
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 3 years of Purchasing Management experience
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain Management
- Proven history of developing effective inventory management polices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel including V-Lookups, Index-Match, and pivot tables.
- Ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
- Experience in Epicor software preferred
Since 1957, Shield Healthcare has provided high-quality healthcare services while focusing on customer satisfaction and employee achievement. We are dedicated to fulfilling the medical supply needs of consumers and the caregiving community while maintaining a 99% overall customer satisfaction rating.