Products for People and the Places they go®
Quality Control Inspector
Who We Are
Lavi Industries is the premier manufacturer of innovative architectural fixtures and software solutions for guiding people in commercial facilities.
We are headquartered in Valencia, California with facilities in New York and sales offices throughout the US.
We pride ourselves in our pursuit of excellence through the dedication and integrity of our people since 1979.
We offer the right candidate an opportunity to excel in an entrepreneurial environment, as well as an attractive compensation package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Come be a part of our team!
We currently have an opening for a Quality Control Inspector in our Valencia, CA facility.
This dynamic candidate performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products, materials, components, parts, etc. at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards. Applies advanced experience and knowledge with procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to record statistical data, analyze data, and write summaries to validate or show deviations from existing standards.
- Provides technical and administrative support to the Quality Department by verifying that product, including raw material from incoming domestic and international shipments, meets required specifications.
- Performs receiving inspection on all incoming material in an expedient manner according to set priorities. Assists the Quality Department to insure internal quality issues and systems are being performed, including recommending changes as warranted.
- Resolves routine and semi-complex questions and problems by elevating unusual problems to supervisor.
- May address quality issues by recommending modifications to existing standards, methods, and procedures or suggest new standards, methods, and procedures to appropriate internal channels.
- Performs administrative tasks as needed, such as: Data entry of inspection reports; Filling out of daily inspection forms, including but not limited to First Article Reports; Filing of any Quality Assurance documents, etc.
- Under general supervision, works with Stockroom employees to double-check parts/components to verify orders are fulfilled accurately.
- Responsible for processing returned merchandise including performing an inspection of the items and interfacing with the Customer Service Department to close return credits in a timely manner.
- Maintains MRB, MRB Reserve, Rejects and Returned Items to ensure they are separated from regular stock and accounted for. This includes supervising all inventory transactions in/out of MRB & MRB Reserve and ensuring items going out for rework or back to vendor due to rejection are accounted for.
- Special projects or duties as assigned or required.
- High School diploma required; AA Degree in appropriate major desired.
- Must have minimum of 3 years quality inspection experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in metal fabrication or similar industry preferred.
- Forklift Certified (stand up and sit down forklifts).
- Ability to use a pallet jack and dolly.
- Ability to read, understand, and work from technical drawings and blueprints required.
- Must have working knowledge of standard inspection equipment and the use of calipers, micrometers, and tape measures, with the ability to learn new equipment or procedures if required. NOTE: a pre-employment test on blueprint and calculations will be administered to evaluate the candidate’s aptitude.
- Strong basic math skills as well as general ability to apply basic Algebra and Geometry skills.
To Apply (If applicable)
Job Type: Full-time