Restaurant in Castaic, CA is looking for an experienced Kitchen Supervisor to help grow business and drive sales. An ideal candidate will be able to efficiently perform the duties and responsibilities listed below.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of food preparation, kitchen, pantry, and kitchen supplies: Plans or participates in planning menus, preparing and apportioning foods, and utilizing food surpluses and leftovers.
• Specifies number of servings to be made from any vegetable, meat, beverage, and dessert to control portion costs.
• Supervises non-cooking personnel, such as Kitchen Helper, to ensure cleanliness of kitchen and equipment.
• Supervises COOK and tastes, smells, and observes food to ensure conformance with recipes and appearance standards.
• Supervises and trains staff in inventory, storage, and distribution of foodstuffs and supplies.
• Purchases food, kitchen supplies, and informs management of needed equipment.
• Participates in hiring process of kitchen staff.
• Trains new workers.
• Performs other duties as needed that fall under Kitchen Supervisor.
• Participate in the pricing to be charged for food items.
• May meet with professional staff, customers, or client group to resolve menu inconsistencies or to plan menus for special occasions.
• May assist dietitian to plan, change, test, and standardize recipes to increase number of servings prepared.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.