Valencia, CA 91355
Under the direction of the Facilities Director, the Service Center Assistant is responsible for providing front-counter service and maintaining the proper processing and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail/packages for students, faculty and staff. This position will also be responsible for assisting the institute schedulers as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Track and process all incoming parcels and mail for students, faculty and staff.
• Sort mail into student and department mailboxes
• Provide customer support at service center window
• Retrieve packages for students, faculty and staff
• Assist Institute schedulers when needed (i.e. look up room availability, check for completed event paperwork, etc.)
• Meter and prepare all categories of outgoing mail
• Process day-to-day mail forwarding and look ups
• Duplicate and process printed material
• Input and update Fedex logs for accounting purposes
• Back up facilities front office when needed (i.e. online work orders, key checkouts, answering phones, etc.)
• Maintain student mailboxes, including adding/updating student names each semester
• Some after hour or weekend work required to accommodate special events or project needs
• Other duties as assigned
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google and Adobe applications.
• Critical thinking skills required.
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to move heavy items and to push carts either manually or using special equipment
• Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
• Ability and willingness to learn new skills and technologies
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work independently and problem solve
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent required; some college is preferred
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for service and evaluation of customer satisfaction
• Minimum one year experience in a mailroom/service center related position
• Working knowledge of all mailroom functions, including equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective safety operations
• Knowledge of U.S. Postal meters, rates and services
Position is available immediately. If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line: Service Center Assistant in order to be considered.