Animal Behavior College is looking for an experience Veterinary Technician. The veterinary technician will work as a Program Manager to assist veterinary assistant students receiving their certification.
The Veterinary Assistant Program Manager’s (PM) primary function is to counsel, advise, and continuously interact with the students as they are going through the in-home study portion of the program. Their primary daily tasks are to respond to student’s inquiries, grade exams, and ensure students are prepared for the externship as well as on track for completing the program in a timely fashion.
The Veterinary Assistant Program Manager (VAP PM) must have 5+ years’ experience working as a veterinary assistant or 3+ years’ if a Licensed Veterinary Technician (RVT).
· Respond to student inquiries via email and telephone promptly
· Ensure students are on track for completion of the program by interacting and guiding them during the in-home portion of the program. This includes sending reminders.
· Maintain detailed and accurate student records
· Grade exams
· Provide academic counseling
· Request curriculum stages to be sent to students
· Maintain a supportive and motivating learning environment
· Report to management if/when faced with any challenges
· Stay current on daily task list
· Data entry
· Attend department and company meetings necessary to perform job duties