Utilizes material resource planning (MRP) to purchase materials, goods and services at the optimal price and delivery cycle. Position reports directly to the Purchasing Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develops prospects for supply of company material, goods, and services. Makes recommendations of new sources to Supply Chain Management for approval.
• Negotiates price/payment terms/delivery schedules with new and current suppliers.
• Performs follow-up to ensure on-time delivery.
• Updates PO delivery status and notifies departments impacted by late deliveries.
• Places orders and ensures timely delivery of materials/goods/services to support production schedules and customer needs.
• Monitors quality of delivery dates. Provides supplier with feedback when warranted.
• Works closely with Quality Assurance and suppliers to ensure adequate first article evaluation and product conformance to specifications.
• Makes recommendations to current procedures and practices to improve the production process. Monitors market prices, delivery conditions, and trends to determine present and future material availability.
• Monitors purchase orders and contracts for conformance to company policy.
• Handles all functions of purchasing procedures to assist in replenishing required resources.
• Works with limited supervision while performing multiple tasks with close attention to detail.
• Completes special projects and duties as assigned or required.
• Communicates daily with International vendors.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.